Skip to main content

My first big step..

So, I took my first big step today..
Yeah, I'm talking about the global warming issue.. Yes, it is the buzz word right now.. True, You look and also feel like a hero talking about it.. and, sure, if you start a conversation about global warming or the likes of it, you become this ultimate cool guy/girl.. But, how many of us take the issue further? Further than just a conversation? I was also one of those people till today.. I would talk about the unnecessary abundance of carbon Di-oxide on the planet and the thinning of the ozone layer, etc.. I would actively discourage friends to stop littering wrappers around, and avoid plastic bags, may be just to be in that fancy limelight..
This morning I was watching this show on TV about the youth and their responsibilities.. It kind of shook me.. I realised I was actually not doing anything.. Practically nothing.. Just inches close to zilch.. This was my wake up call... Finally, I could hear it..
What will happen to my planet? I have the right to choose where I want to grow old..
Time for some action.. Best and easiest target-kids..They're the only kind of human beings who would welcome new ideas.. I got a group of kids, all of them my sister's friends.. made them sit down and got going..asked them to list out what problems the world faces now..
The five girls very patiently and devotedly jotted down all that they could think of.. As they were doing that, I got some time for some research work and thanks to Google, I was now clear to very clear about the whole concept - ''GLOBAL WARMING''..
I spoke to the girls about the issue.. told them what they could do, how they could help, how they could save our planet.. And there were five beautiful smiles right in front of me.. That was probably the time when I was proudest of myself.. I did it.. I took that step.. That '' charity begins at home'' step..
The plan's made.. We'll get more people joining us in a few days.. Their friends and my friends..
And a big bunch of us will take our first real big step.. We're in plans of celebrating ''Green Day'' which does not fall on any particular day of any month.. Just the day when the climate is perfect and all of us have that precious little devil, time, in hand.. We'll plant lots of plants.. lots and lots of them..
I know pretty well that my contribution is not big enough, but, what's the big deal in starting small?
This is our time now.. We're the rulers, the creators, the people.. Only we can make a difference.. Only we can help ourselves.. Waiting for some miracle to happen is sheer stupidity.. Turn yourself into that miracle and change things around.. Take that one step and the rest of them will follow.. One step.. Just one at a time.. Just one for now..
GREEN!

Comments

  1. you r just awsome .wat an english iam spell bound .from now i want to give a lot of respect to u.keep it up............

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good thoughts,I just hope that you motivate more people to go green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am not too sure about what you have written. However, you must watch "An Inconvenient Truth", Al Gore's documentary on Global Warming- it is fabulous not only for its narration and theme but also for the way it has been made. You may have been told this by many people, but then that goes to show how good the thing actually is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So, What Do You Think?

Popular posts from this blog

The Stepping Stones

They say, failure teaches us lessons- Lessons of endurance, lessons of not giving up, lessons of not worrying about it, and lessons of being happy. It teaches, but do we learn? You guessed it. I failed. And, for some reason this time, I’m kind of happy about it. I’m a CA student, by the way. I had written an exam a couple of months back, and got the news of failing it the second time a couple of days back. After working hard for oh-so-many days and going through all kinds of books, the result was failure. Anyway, I was attending/volunteering a students’ seminar when the results were released. At first, I was really shocked. Like, really really! I didn’t feel like talking to anybody, but I did want somebody to talk to me. However, just to inform all the ‘related parties’, I sent a text message saying ‘I flunked’. Different people gave different reactions. One thought (from my indifferent tone) that it didn’t really bother me, and said, “you anyway don’t seem like you’re
Dear whosoever came across my blog and decided to read on..for whatsoever reason, Today, as I was returning from an audit ( which is, by the way, very very (very) far from the limits of the city.. I wonder why they have their office there..anyway,) in a bus, I decided I would give my city a closer look than usual, instead of choosing the easier way of killing boredom, to sleep. The city has become a big city now.. and I mean a BIG city.. the airport apparently looks marvellous ( I haven't seen it yet, so the 'apparently' comes in). The roads are covered with what they call 'luxury cars' and huge malls and big branded stores and many many outlets of several kinds.. I'm impressed.. The city looks fancy and modishly illuminated with the neon (I guess) lights of the many many restaurants and malls and coffee bars and eat outs and every other kind of store or whatever, that I think I can't even name. For a while, my thinking tube was switched on and I gave it a

I know not..

I know not what life is, I know not death, I know not who I am, I don't remember a bit I live to see where my soul is, Die to see it go. I'm an ancient soul in this eye of God, And, I'm all alone. I look back at all my lives, And think, why? But I have to live, so I die. I try to recall all that happened, I see nothing..nobody..no relations. I want to know where I will go now, I want to go, I have no patience. I bid goodbye to all I had, all that life gave. I seep into the memories that'll never be.. and sink into my grave. Even now, I know not what life is, I know not death. I know not who I am, I don't remember a bit.